2019 Junior Golf in Springfield
Whether you are a new beginner or seasoned player, Springfield has allot to offer junior golfers age 17 and under. Clinics, leagues, tournaments and special events are all part of the offerings in the Springfield area. Although there are a few events that start in early Spring the season generally begins in May and runs through mid August with a few S.M.J.G.A. tournament events continuing into the fall.
Below is a list of some of the events and activities available for juniors this summer.
Click on the event for more details.
- S.M.J.G.A. Southwest Missouri Junior Golf Association
- Horton Smith Evening Junior Clinic
- Horton Smith Saturday Morning Junior Clinic
- Bill & Payne Stewart Junior Clinic 1
- Drive, Chip & Putt Competition at Twin Oaks CC
- Bill & Payne Stewart Junior Clinic 2
- Rick Grayson Junior Youth Camps
- Price Cutter Betty & Bobby Allison Jr Pro Am at Rivercut (link not yet available)
Springfield is very fortunate to have 2 courses that offer FREE golf to juniors.
- The Betty Allison at Oscar Blom lighted par 3 course located next to the Bill & Payne Stewart course 1825 E Norton Road (kids 12 and under play FREE Sun-Thurs.) The lights are on until 10 pm from May 1st to October 31st. Great kids clubhouse for Birthday Parties!
- The Betty Allison Junior 4 hole short course located at Rivercut 2850 W farm Rd 190 offers FREE golf all day 7 days a week.
$99 Summer Junior Golf Membership
Juniors age 17 and under are eligible for the Summer Junior Golf Membership, providing free unlimited weekday golf noon to close at Horton Smith, Bill & Payne Stewart and Rivercut golf courses May 13- August 13. Does not include range balls, carts or amenities. Membership requires golf staff or instructor approval, letter from school golf coach. All Memberships must be approved and set up by one of the Golf Pro’s on staff.
Call for details
Bill & Payne Stewart Golf Course 833-9962 ask for Shawn Freeman or Danny Daily
Horton Smith Golf Course 891-1639 ask for Alan Cummins or Garrett Holt
Rivercut Golf Course 891-1645 ask for Steve King or Larry Ray